Gotta humblebrag on this one - it's a keeper.
9 hole Men's League match today - game is low net. I get 7 strokes on the front and 6 on the back - we're playing the front.
- Short par 4 - drive down the middle, 9 iron to green center, 2 putt par
- Long par 4 - drive down the middle, 5 hybrid to green center, just miss birdie, 2 putt par.
- 160y par 3 - 4 hybrid short of the green, but flag is up front. 2 putt par from off the green.
- Medium length par 5 - drive down the middle, FW to 130 out, 8i just short of green, 2 putt par from off the green.
- Medium par 4 - drive down the right side fairway, 7i to 5 feet, 2 putt par.
- Medium par 4 - drive down the middle, 5 hybrid to green center, 30 foot breaker finds the hole for birdie.
- Long par 3 - FW to just short of the green, 20 footer from the fringe finds the hole. 2 under par, pressure mounting.
- Long par 4 - drive misses fairway a tad to the right, 165y FW to center of green, lipped out 20 foot birdie putt for a 2 putt par.
- Short par 3 - 9i over a pond to a pin tucked in the back left behind a sand bunker, 2 putt par for a 2 under 32!
A net 25 might just win 1st place. These in-the-zone rounds are brainless. I couldn't wait until it was my turn to hit, because I was SURE the ball was going where I wanted. I can't recall a better 9 holes of ball striking and accuracy. Golf is fun on days like this. I was in a 4-some of close buds who were all rooting for me. Good times!